2019 Harrison County Fair
Harrison County Fair
Fun Horse Show - July 20
Carnival to begin July 22
Saddles & Spurs 4H/ Open All Breed Fun Show Saturday July 20
Gate Fee $5 - 1:30 PM
RAIN DATE - JULY 28
1. Trail Obstacle mounted open youth and 4H
2. Trail Obstacle mounted open
3. Trail Obstacle open youth and 4H in hand
4. Open Conformation
5. Open Youth and 4H showmanship (if there are numerous entries class will be divided 9-12 & 13 & over).
6. Stick Horse (6 years and under) (no entry fee)
7. Lead Line (ages 8 and under- no entry fee)
8. Egg and Spoon
9. Catalog Race (must dismount and then re-mount without assistance).
10. Chin Apple (all ages).
11. Ride A Buck Open (all ages- must provide your own dollar- winner takes all dollars as prize)
12. Open Costume Class
- Tack Change-
13. Youth and 4H Beginning Rider- walk only (rider may not enter ANY other mounted class)
14. Youth and 4H Walk/Trot
15. Open Walk/Trot
16. Youth and 4H Equitation
17. Open Pleasure (Canter required)
18. Youth/4H Pleasure (Canter required)
19. Harrison County Resident Only Open Trail Pleasure (no canter- back and halt required).
• All classes are true ALL breed classes. Gaited horses may substitute the appropriate intermediate gait for a trot. English/Western/ Hunt are shown together.
• All 4H youth with proof of completion of six hours of educational horse club hours will have no entry fee for any class. Members of Harrison County 4H Saddles and Spurs Horse Club will not need proof. All youth are REQUIRED to wear a helmet. Adults are highly encouraged to wear helmets.
• Absolutely no stallions will be permitted.
• Come as you are casual attire- but long pants and appropriate footwear (no tennis shoes) required.
• Negative Coggins required
• Not responsible for accidents. Each rider is expected to take appropriate safety precautions and to behave in a manner that is safe for all riders. All riders and handlers assume the risk of injury inherent in activities with horses.
• High point awards will be given in open, youth, and Harrison County 4H categories at the end of the show. Any class with numerous entries may be divided into youth (9-12), youth (13-18), and open at the show manager’s discretion.
• Open entry fee ($8 per class or $25 to show all day), Youth entry fee ($5 per class or $16 to show all day), no entry fee for 4H members with educational hours, no entry fee for lead-line or stick horse classes, there is no payback. All entry fees benefit the Harrison County Saddle & Spurs 4H Horse Club.
• This is a fun show. Everyone working (including the judge) is a volunteer. Judge’s decision is final. Anyone exhibiting unsafe or unsportsmanlike behavior may be asked to leave the showgrounds. Be kind and courteous.